Substitute Teacher 2019-2020
- Substitute Teacher 2019-2020 JobID: 45538
- Position Type:
Substitute Teacher (Licensed )/Substitute Teacher
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging and engaging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that expects student success, and Boulder Valley is a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national levels for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities we serve - Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill - cover approximately 500 square miles and include an estimated 211,000 residents, with an enrollment of more than 30,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within the district’s boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: http://www.bvsd.org.
-Provide coverage for teachers who are absent
-Communicate effectively with learners
-Incorporate understanding and appreciation for diversity into instructional practices
-Effectively utilize time, materials, and resources to maximize learning time for all students
-Create and manage a classroom environment that promotes instruction
-Implement lesson plans developed by licensed teacher
- Colorado Substitute Teaching Authorization (three or five years) or a Colorado Teaching license.
- One year substitute authorizations will be considered on a case by case basis
- Complete and submit BVSD online application, which includes: Copy of CDE teaching license or substitute authorization, college transcripts, three letters of reference and or reference surveys.
- Experience working with children
- Course work in education, human services, or related field
- Proven ability to work effectively with adults and children
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Salary Information: $100.00 full day (8 hours) / $55.00 half day (4 hours)
- $140.00 full day $75.00 half day provided on Monday's and Friday's if both days are worked in the same week
Application and Selection Procedure:
Apply on-line at http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number). If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
Applicants will not be contacted until the application is complete and all required documents have been submitted.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and new hire orientation.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html