Substitute Paraeducator Special Education
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Department: Human Resources
Position Title: Substitute Paraeducator Special Education
Position Start Date: August 17, 2022
Position Type: Non-Represented
Pay: $115 Full Day / $62.50 half day
Assists students with intensive needs in both the regular and special education classrooms. This includes behavioral, academic, health and other types of supports.
- Provide personal care to students as needed
- Ability to perform physical labor, including lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Provide careful and effective supervision of students
- Carry out instructional/behavioral objectives for individuals or small groups of students with disabilities
- Use positive reinforcement strategies to maintain a safe environment
- Maintain a clean and safe physical environment
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application (including 2 letters of recommendation and/or reference surveys)
- Experience working with students with disabilities
- Coursework in education, human services, or related field
- Proven ability to work effectively with adults and children
- Effective verbal and written communication skill
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html