STEAM Teacher and Innovation Coordinator
- STEAM Teacher and Innovation Coordinator JobID: 44550
- Position Type:
Horizons K-8 Charter
- Date Posted:
952-Horizons K-8 School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
STEAM Teacher and Innovation Coordinator
Horizons K-8 School
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of this position.
- Craft, model and deliver rich student-centered learning experiences around Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math.
- Collaboratively create and implement strategies for weaving STEAM experiences into multi-disciplinary curricula from grades K through 8.
- Work in partnership with teachers and staff, modeling consistent effective teaching with technology, engagement, lesson plan design, use of technology, STEAM and online tools.
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of the connection between technology, computer science, and other fields of study.
- Understand and be able to design, develop, assess, and manage STEAM learning experiences.
- Identify resources, plan, and design staff development activities to support professional growth in learning technologies.
- Participate in professional development experiences that allow him or her to observe, evaluate, and apply the use of technology to support instruction
- Operate as an advocate for and supporter of inquiry and problem-based learning
- Provide guidance and coaching to teachers on educational and instructional methodology related to inquiry and the implementation of project-based curriculum.
- Demonstrate the skills and attitude of a master teacher and actively engage others in professional growth opportunities
- Team-teach STEAM curriculum with faculty during school day.
- Research and recommend the purchase of appropriate STEAM tools and resources for classroom use. Ensure faculty is appropriately trained.
- Participate in the design and budget process for any new STEAM maker space environments
- Serve as a resource for faculty and administrators as they seek additional resources, both traditional and electronic, which support the curriculum
- Work with faculty to create and disseminate information to various stakeholders about students projects and progress
- Work with community organizations to provide or expand co-curricular programming which supports student success
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience preferred in either the sciences, technology and/or the arts, with a strong personal interest and exposure to all three areas, and the desire and skill to integrate across various disciplines
- Expert level of technology and 21st century learning understanding and application.
- Knowledge of current best-practice in inquiry and STEM/STEAM education
- Experience coaching teachers and/or leading professional development over time
- Ability to work collaboratively with school and district settings as well as across school districts and with community/professional development partners
- Demonstrated affiliation with regional, state, and/or national organizations for study of best practice and networking
- Deep knowledge of content standards, effective instructional strategies, and assessment driven instruction.
- Strong Google Apps for Education skills (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites, etc).
- Experience (or familiarity with) tools such as, but not limited to: 3D printing, autocad, laser cutting, vinyl cutting, Arduino, Makey-Makey, Codecademy, Sphero, Tynker, BeeBot, Parrot MiniDrone.
- Highly effective communication, listening, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective written, verbal, and technology-based communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Flexible demeanor and proven ability to work on a team
Salary: Commensurate with experience and position on the Horizons K-8 Salary Schedule which can be found via the Horizons K-8 website. The position is .49 FTE on the HK8 teacher salary schedule. Up to five years of equitable experience will be granted. No phone calls please.
Horizons K-8 School, a charter school in Boulder Valley, has a rich history of academic excellence and progressive educational practices. The Horizons community takes great pride in educating the whole child in an environment of respect, responsibility, safety and kindness. Our mission is to guide students to become self-directed learners and community contributors in a respectful learning environment. We strive to make our school an exciting, inclusive place to work, teach, learn, create, and innovate by design. We encourage anyone interested in applying for a position to explore our website to learn more about the school. Horizons is seeking a passionate teacher leader who can provide instruction directly related to STEAM and computer science, help us design an Innovation/Maker Lab, and will plan and work with the faculty and staff to move to a cross-curricular level of teaching that changes their practice as educators. Related duties shall be those inspired by the ISTE Standards for coaches.
Horizons K-8 School is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries: Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html