School Office Manager
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website:BVSD.
School: Centaurus High School
Position Start Date: June 6, 2022
Position Type: Office Professional
Salary Range: $20.97 - $31.34
Closing Date: May 23, 2022
Provide administrative assistance to principal, administrators, office and school staff and students by answering/screening phone calls, coordinating meetings and events, monitoring time and attendance, handling confidential information, receiving and responding to inquiries and requests, coordinate hiring process and personnel data, compile reports, managing building keys and security, managing and coordinating the activities of the office staff, managing crisis situations and preparing correspondence and other confidential written communication. Serve as a resource person and liaison between administrators and faculty, staff, students and the public.
- Provide and coordinate clerical support activities for the principal, administrators and school staff by answering phones, preparing, designing, composing, typing, word processing and/or formatting correspondence, documents, handbooks, reports, newsletters, web site updates, agreements and programs, arrange for printing and distribution as appropriate, receive and distribute faxes, maintaining office machines. Maintain school master calendar. Process maintenance requisitions. Create vacancy notifications, set up interview schedule and committee materials, and follow through with recommendation to hire notification.
- Manage employee time and attendance. Complete and submit weekly Payroll. Process teacher Professional Leave Forms, obtaining coding and approval from the proper budget authority. Confirm daily employee absences for proper coding and input into payroll. Check in substitutes daily.
- Provide information and services to students, parents, guardians, staff and community as required or requested. Receive and respond to inquiries and concerns regarding the building and make information available to others as needed. Interface with parents, students, faculty, staff and the community with concerns, problem solving, disseminating information and public relations.
- Maintain the principal’s calendar and schedule.
- Lead, coordinate and/or assist with the work of school support assistants.
- Run reports, issue assess codes for the parent portal through Infinite Campus.
- Coordinate and assist with meetings, activities, conferences, opening of school registration, functions, graduation and events including but not limited to coordinating dates, appointments, refreshments, creating and printing programs, flyers, agendas, minutes, etc.
- Coordinate and submit through Lawson, job requisition request, requests for hire, additional or decrease in FTE. Maintain personnel data and files. Maintain and update all personnel changes, including FTE change, resignations, terminations, leave of absence, transfers and retirements.
- Building Security, monitor main entrance, greet authorized personnel and/or visitors following district policies and procedures. Manage building keys and security alarm code.
- Coordinate Open Enrollment events and information. Includes tours and scheduling with prospective parents and students, the district and the school site.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent plus specialized courses in computers, business and customer service.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Minimum of three years progressively responsible secretarial/clerical experience.
- Knowledge of district policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of office practices as well as functioning as an office manager.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge and experience, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Google.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function under pressure in a pleasant and personable manner.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Positive communication, interaction and work experience with diverse individuals.
- Salary Placementvaries according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd.org(in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights -http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html