Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School/Department: Community Schools
Position Title: SAC Staff
Position Start Date: August 12, 2022
Position Type: Non-Rep
Closing Date: August 9, 2022
The SAC Staff member works with elementary aged students in the before and after school child care program. SAC Staff must enjoy supporting elementary aged students with their academic work and helping them with interpersonal peer interactions. The SAC staff member must be at least 16 years of age. In accordance withColorado Department of Human Services Code of Regulations (7.712.42C), SAC Staff must work under the direct supervision of the SAC Supervisor and cannot be left alone with students.
- Under the direct supervision and oversight of the SAC Supervisor, help students with daily school work and interpersonal peer interactions. Help with overall before and after school program support, field trips, and special events. Take direction from the Supervisor on managing student behaviors, Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations, and other supports as necessary to ensure student success.
- Follow all rules and regulations outlined by the Colorado Department of Human Services, Boulder and Broomfield County Health Departments and School District policies and procedures.
- Provide support as directed with designing, coordinating and implementing age-appropriate activities for students. Help engage students in enrichment activities, educational activities, games, field trips, homework, guest speakers and presenters.
- Prepare snacks and clean the activity and kitchen area after use.
- Attend daily, weekly and monthly staff meetings to review schedule and address relevant issues and team building.
- Assist with securing building, equipment and program per School District and School Age Care guidelines. Assist with ensuring areas and equipment used by the program are cleaned and maintained.
- Under the direction of the SAC Supervisor, provide general program support which includes but is not limited to responding to calls, emails, questions, and concerns from families and school-based staff, supporting in the preparation of a newsletter and other program communication, and providing accurate and timely information about the students and general program operations and functions.
- Continue professional growth by attending and participating in all staff meetings and trainings.
- Assist by providing general First Aid when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Meets or requirements for a School Age Care Child Care Center "Program Aide" (called SAC Staff in BVSD) as established byColorado Department of Human Services Code of Regulations (7.712.42C).
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must hold a valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to assist children as needed with health care needs.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Complete and submitted BVSD online application.
- One year of experience in a school age child care setting.
- Completed CDHS courses/training in: Injury Prevention & Playground Safety for School Age Centers.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html