- Principal's Assistant JobID: 39169
- Position Type:
Office Professional/Principal‘s Assistant
- Date Posted:
190-University Hill Elementary
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
1.00 FTE - Salary Range E
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging and engaging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that expects student success, and Boulder Valley is a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national levels for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities we serve - Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill - cover approximately 500 square miles and include an estimated 231,460 residents, with an enrollment of more than 31,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within the district’s boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: http://www.bvsd.org.
- Assists the administrator with office and school activities and has lead work responsibilities
- Serve as resource person and liaison between administrators and faculty, staff, students and the public
- Compose, edit letters, demonstrate lay-out skills
- Manage facility oversight, monitor school budget, expenditures and student activity funds
- Maintain records, schedule meetings, and prioritize work
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass the English component of interview process
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application
- Bilingual, English/Spanish
- Three years of progressively responsible secretarial/clerical experience
- Knowledge of district policies and procedures
- Knowledge of office practices as well as functioning as an office manager
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge and experience, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Google
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function under pressure in a pleasant and personable manner
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks with frequent interruptions
- Positive communication, interaction and work experience with diverse individuals
Salary information for BVSD positions can be found online at: http://www.bvsd.org/HR/Pages/NegotiatedAgreementsSalarySchedules.aspx. Salary placement varies according to experience and education. No phone calls please.
Application and Selection Procedure:
Apply on-line at http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html