Principal Induction Mentor
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Department: Professional Learning
Position Title: Principal Induction Mentor
Position Start Date: July 25, 2022
Position Type: Administration
FTE: 0.40 - Temporary dates 7/25/2022 - 6/21/2023
Closing Date: June 30, 2022
Supports new to district/role principals and assistant principals through structured professional learning and embedded building coaching.
- Collaborates with district executive team to develop a plan and implement a comprehensive onboarding and mentoring program for new to district/role administrators.
- Collaborates with the Professional Learning Department to plan a comprehensive CDE approved induction program for new to role administrators.
- Serves as a mentor for new principals and assistant principals by providing peer consultation and modeling of effective leadership competencies.
- Guides new principals and assistant principals on how to balance relationships with colleagues, central office, families, and students.
- Provides supportive feedback through a variety of sources, which can include observation, consultation, and coaching to further develop leadership effectiveness.
- Assists mentees in identifying and setting goals and objectives which are aligned with Boulder Valley School District Evaluation Standards and Strategic Plan.
- Displays organizational skills including time and resource management and record keeping.
- Builds and maintains a positive relationship with district leaders in order to support the professional growth of the mentee.
- Maintain confidentiality concerning professional conversations with mentees.
- Facilitates the completion of BVSD induction requirements for participants, including conducting induction seminars and assisting with New Leader Orientation.
- Performs related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Follows State legal requirements and District and building policies and procedures.
- Minimum of five years as a BVSD principal.
- Currently hold a Colorado Principal license.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- BVSD principal experience within the past 3 years.
- Experience in coaching and/or mentoring administrators, maintaining an open and supportive demeanor to guide administrators in finding their own leadership style.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with racially, culturally and linguistically different groups.
- Continued commitment to grow as a culturally responsive leader.
- Experience in successfully building relationships with families and community partners.
- Experience leading at multiple levels (elementary, middle, high school).
- Knowledge of best practices in public education.
- Strong content knowledge of BVSD Leadership Competencies, shared decision making, developing and cultivating an effective leadership team, and the BVSD Strategic Plan initiatives.
Salary Range: 9 $83,707 - $125,560 (based on the 2021-2022 salary schedule)
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html