Peak to Peak Charter School - Teacher, Special Education (SPED) - Grades 4-6 - Elementary
- Peak to Peak Charter School - Teacher, Special Education (SPED) - Grades 4-6 - Elementary JobID: 58893
- Position Type:
Peak to Peak
- Date Posted:
956-Peak to Peak Charter
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled   Additional Information:
Peak to Peak Charter School - Special Education Teacher Grades 4-6 - Elementary
Located in Boulder Valley School District, Peak to Peak is a K-12 charter public school offering a liberal arts, college preparatory curriculum that gives students a foundation for a lifetime of learning and discovery. By focusing on a liberal arts college preparatory program, Peak to Peak achieves two important objectives: it prepares students to successfully meet the educational challenges of higher education and to be well-educated citizens in an increasingly complex world. Peak to Peak takes this time-tested education and makes it accessible to students who are interested in a focused college preparatory program, regardless of their cultural or economic background.
Peak to Peak Mission Statement:
-Provide broad access to an exemplary K-12 liberal arts, college preparatory education that challenges students to achieve their academic potential.
-Be a community that values and recognizes scholarship, academic achievement, and creativity.
-Provide an environment in which each student is known, respected, and valued as an individual of great potential and promise.
-Prepare students to become active and responsible citizens of an interdependent world.
Peak to Peak Vision Statement:
The Peak to Peak community will inspire students to fulfill their academic dreams for college, to develop their creative passions and athletic talents, and to become responsible citizens.
All employees and volunteers at Peak to Peak work together to fulfill the Peak to Peak mission statement. Our instructional and non-instructional staff inspire learning every day. We are many people from different backgrounds and experiences. Values we hold high are: trustworthiness, diligence, open communication, fairness, equity, and justice,and we expect to see them evidenced in our staff, parents, and students. When we join together, our professional team shines bright and pushes the bounds of what’s possible. We believe that all students can learn and grow to their fullest potential. We are dedicated, caring, and concerned about the social, emotional, and academic prosperity of the whole child. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative, curious, and creative group. Together, we are committed to cultivating a growth mindset in ourselves and our students, celebrating the power of vulnerability in the pursuit of development.
Specific Job Summary
The Special Education Teacher will work with students of varying degrees of disabilities ranging from grades K through 12. Because Peak to Peak serves a K-12 population, this position will work closely with a K-12 team and will share some K-12 responsibilities. This individual must be able to effectively manage all aspects of case management for the special education population. Additionally, the Special Education Teacher is responsible for effectively differentiating curriculum to support the needs of staff, students, administration and parents. Committed to the process of collaboration, the Special Education Teacher will work with these groups to ensure that accommodations are appropriately implemented in classroom settings. The ability to employ a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to instruct one-on-one or in small groups, and to support both teachers and students in the general education setting is critical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and support the MTSS process, including observing and supporting children who have long- or short-term learning difficulties, working with colleagues to identify individual students' special needs, and developing appropriate interventions
- Coordinate team meetings, write and manage Individualized Education Plans (IEP’s), including assessment, observations, progress monitoring, and on-going communication with parents and staff.
- Instruct individual students or small groups of students inside or outside of the classroom
- Collaboration with general education teachers to differentiate curriculum content, identify accommodations, and use assistive technology to meet individual needs to ensure access to the general education curriculum for all students
- Participate in on-going collaboration and communication with the classroom teachers and support staff to define and alter the activities and curriculum while addressing the social, emotional and physical needs of the students
- Work closely with other learning service staff including social workers, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, interventionists, para-professionals, psychologists/social workers, assistant principals, principals, counselors, and parents/guardians
- Develop positive, trusting, encouraging relationships and effective communication with students, parents/guardians and staff
- Collaborate with all Special Education teachers to effectively case-manage and serve the special education students at each level
- Attend staff meetings and in-service trainings
- Other duties as assigned
Peak to Peak Salary Scale
Special Education Teachers also receive an additional monthly stipend in the amount of 5% of the monthly salary
Click Here to view the full job description and to complete Peak to Peak’s online employment application:
Compensation and Benefits:
Peak to Peak offers competitive pay and a robust total compensation package including:
-MEDICAL: There are three options for Medical coverage. Peak to Peak pays the full cost of this benefit for you as the employee.
-DENTAL: Dental insurance is provided by Delta Dental of Colorado. Peak to Peak pays the full cost of this benefit for you as the employee.
-LIFE/AD&D: You are provided a $50,000 group term life insurance through CIGNA Life Insurance Company. Peak to Peak pays the full cost of this life insurance policy.
-STD/LTD: Peak to Peak pays the entire cost of both short and long-term disability benefits.
-PERA: Administered by Colorado PERA, this is a tax deferred retirement account to which you contribute 10% of your monthly earnings. Additionally, Peak to Peak contributes 20.9% to the PERA pension trust fund on your behalf.
-VOLUNTARY VISION: EyeMed is the voluntary vision program available to Peak to Peak employees.
-RETIREMENT OPTIONS: You have the following options to participate in deferred income for retirement purposes: PERA Plus 401 (k), AXA Equitable 403(b) and PERA 457.
-MEDICAL and DEPENDENT CARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT: This account allows you to save money for unreimbursed medical expenses or dependent care expenses to be used within the plan year (July to June) on a tax exempt basis. This reduces your taxable income.
-TIME OFF COMPENSATION: As a 1.0 full-time equivalent (FTE) employee you are provided with 10 days of Paid Annual Leave Time. If your position is less than 1.0 FTE, your leave time will be pro-rated accordingly based on your FTE. Additional Paid Leave from work (Bereavement pay, Jury Duty pay, paid Professional Development Leave)
-PRIORITY ENROLLMENT STATUS: Children of staff members receive priority enrollment of their child/children at Peak to Peak Charter School.
-Ongoing Professional Development Opportunities
-Staff Appreciation Meals and Events
Peak to Peak Charter School is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries: Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/