Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Community Montessori Elementary
Position Title: Paraeducator-Pre-K
Position Start Date: August 15, 2022
Position Type: Paraeducators
FTE: 0.718 - Temporary employment dates for this position 8/15/2022 - 5/25/2023
Work Schedule: 9 Month - Hourly
Pay Range: $18.24 - $26.45
Closing Date: August 5, 2022
Assist the Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) teacher in providing direct supervision and instructional and physical support for preschool students.
- Assist in the implementation of the classroom curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Ability to understand diverse learning needs, second language instructional practices, and special education modifications for children.
- Support the classroom teacher in the use of the Teaching Strategies Gold assessment through collecting and entering into the GOLD system anecdotes, videos, pictures, and language samples. Assist with data collection for IEP plans, behavior plans and progress reports.
- Assist students with personal care including diapering, toilet training, feeding, self-care, hand washing, and delegated nursing and health care duties.
- Assist with safety and emergency plans for all preschool children and staff.
- Participate in professional growth opportunities, and meetings that are required for Early Childhood Education, Special Education, and child care licensing.
- Obtain and maintain certification in first aid, CPR, universal precautions, and medication administration training.
- Support the teacher in maintaining required student records, school and program level paperwork.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must meet or exceed the education and experience requirements as established by the Colorado Department of Human Services (Rule 7.702.44A as of 1/17/19). Review the Early Childhood Teacher qualifications to determine how you qualify for this position as there are several ways to qualify. The documentation needs to be uploaded to the online application, not just on a resume, to be considered for interviews.
- Complete and submitted BVSD online application.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds; diaper, feed; complete other delegated nursing and health care duties
- Certification in CPR, First Aid, Universal Precautions and Medication administration.
- Experience with inclusive practices to include students with special needs preferred.
- Experience with instructional support of small groups and individual students.
- Take the initiative in positively managing student behavior.
- Able to multi-task while attending to instructional needs of children.
- Works collaboratively with teachers and others to implement lesson plans, complete student observations, collect and organize student data.
- Communicate well with children and staff.
- Follow directions with minimal guidance.
- Respect confidentiality of staff and students and understands privacy issues within schools.
- Manage time effectively.
- Experience working with preschool age children preferred.
- Provide assistance with personal care including diapering, feeding and hand washing.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html