Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Nederland Elementary
Position Title: Paraeducator-Instructional
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Paraeducators
FTE: 0.572 - 22.88 hours per week - Regular, ongoing
Work Schedule: 9 Month - Hourly
Pay Range: $15.75 - $22.84
Closing Date: October 9, 2022
Assist students with basic classroom work, including computers, language arts, math and research. Assist classroom teacher with preparing classroom work as needed including, but not limited to, copying, filing, reinforcing discipline, grading and gaining the respect of students.
- Supports student achievement by monitoring course progress, grades, completion, and progress toward graduation. Provides timely, consistent, communication with student and parents/guardians around academic achievement and growth gaps.
- Supports students' academic, social-emotional, and behavioral growth by meeting at least bi-weekly with the student and by collaborating with student, parents, Special Ed teachers, counselors, administration, and other school/district personnel and external agencies to mitigate issues, implement plans for improvement, and/or make recommendations to improve plans.
- Participates in the face to face transfer/intake process for student enrollment by collaborating with student, parents, counselors, Special Ed teachers, and administration. In collaboration with Special Ed case manager, reviews IEPs (as needed) to ensure that academic program and credit recovery options meet individual student needs.
- Collaborates with teachers, principal, and other school staff to identify students needs and provides recommendations for teachers' support of student. Shares information as needed to inform teachers' support of student's academic, social-emotional, and behavioral growth.
- Performs basic technical support functions to enroll students in courses, set up parent accounts, and solve general technical problems or connect students to appropriate personnel for resolution. Provides basic instruction to parents and students to use Learning Management System and other technical tools.
- Monitors data and provides basic data collections and analysis (quantitative and qualitative) to inform instructional and management practices, behavioral plans, and/or social-emotional development plans. Participates in collaborative data analysis to inform practice and policies at school level and also for program evaluation and accountability.
- Participates in Professional Development, Leadership, Faculty
- Meetings, and other training or meetings related to job description.
- Assist teacher(s) in preparing materials; laminating, copying, filing, etc.
- Assist with grading, attendance and instructional centers, etc.
- Assist students with classroom activities.
- Assist with curriculum instructional delivery to both individual and small groups to ensure mastering of subjects.
- Supervise and monitor students during playground, lunchroom, field trips, passing periods, classroom activities, etc. Support eloping students by keeping them within 3-5 feet to ensure the student remains safe. Must be physically able to run with student to keep them in close proximity.
- Assist injured or sick students to the health room.
- Cover classroom for short periods (up to 30 minutes) when the teacher is called out of the classroom for staff meetings or other reasons.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process
- Ability to perform physical labor, including lifting of up to 25 pounds
- Complete and submitted BVSD online application
- Experience working with children
- Positive communication, interaction and work experience with diverse people
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html