Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Crest View Elementary
Position Title: Paraeducator-Health Room
Position Start Date: August 15, 2022
Position Type: Paraeducators
FTE: 0.875 - Regular
Work Schedule: 9 Month - Hourly
Pay Range: $16.24 - $23.55
Closing Date: August 5, 2022
Responsible for carrying out district policies and procedures in meeting the health needs of students. Assisting School Nurse Consultants to provide basic health care and first aid for students and maintain health records for students.
- Maintain all health records, physical and electronic, for students, including log of daily health room visits.
- Provide reports as required for accidents, head injuries, infectious diseases, Medicaid, etc.
- Administer first aid consistent with district training and emergency care guidelines.
- Administer medication as delegated by the School Nurse Consultant and according to district policy following established protocol and guidelines.
- Maintain storage, security and administration records.
- Manage school health room, equipment and order supplies.
- Organize manuals and update as needed.
- Provide guidance to promote a safe and healthy lifestyle.
- Carry out nursing procedures for individual students as delegated by the School Nurse Consultant, maintain and implement Care Plans, attend training as needed or required.
- Implement immunization law, including compliance determination, notification of noncompliance and maintenance of immunization records.
- Work with building Emergency Response Team (ERT) and maintain ERT supplies.
- Coordinate health screenings at the building level.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Possess CPR, First Aid certifications and medical delegation certificate or willing to obtain within the first year of hire.
- Ability to perform physical labor, including lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Experience in health field and/or school setting
- Ability to multitasks with frequent interruptions
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Strong organizational skills, oral and written communication skills, interpersonal relations skills, basic math and accounting skills
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd(in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights -http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html