Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Mapleton Early Childhood Educ
Position Title: Paraeducator-Health Room
Position Start Date: August 1, 2022
Position Type: Paraeducators
Pay Range: $16.24 - $23.55
Closing Date: June 27, 2022
Responsible for carrying out district policies and procedures in meeting the health needs of students. Assisting School Nurse Consultants to provide basic health care and first aid for students and maintain health records for students.
- Maintain all health records, physical and electronic, for students, including log of daily health room visits.
- Provide reports as required for accidents, head injuries, infectious diseases, Medicaid, etc.
- Administer first aid consistent with district training and emergency care guidelines.
- Administer medication as delegated by the School Nurse Consultant and according to district policy following established protocol and guidelines.
- Maintain storage, security and administration records.
- Manage school health room, equipment and order supplies.
- Organize manuals and update as needed.
- -Provide guidance to promote a safe and healthy lifestyle.
- Carry out nursing procedures for individual students as delegated by the School Nurse Consultant, maintain and implement Care Plans, attend training as needed or required.
- Implement immunization law, including compliance determination, notification of noncompliance and maintenance of immunization records.
- Work with building Emergency Response Team (ERT) and maintain ERT supplies.
- Coordinate health screenings at the building level.
- Support preschool classrooms by providing paraprofessional coverage as needed.
- Work collaboratively with school staff to meet the needs of students and families.
- Provide assistance with personal care including diapering, feeding and hand washing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must meet or exceed the education and experience requirements as established by the Colorado Department of Human Services (Rule 7.702.44A as of 1/17/19). Review the Early Childhood Teacher qualifications to determine how you qualify for this position as there are several ways to qualify. The documentation needs to be uploaded to the online application, not just on a resume, to be considered for interviews.
- CPR, First Aid certifications and medical delegation certificate.
- Ability to perform physical labor, including lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Experience in health field and/or school setting.
- Ability to multitasks with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Strong organizational skills, oral and written communication skills, interpersonal relations skills, basic math and accounting skills.
- Site specific additions (optional.
- Knowledge and skills to provide positive customer service.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Experience with inclusive practices and meeting the needs of all students.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement culturally responsive practices.
- Follow directions with minimal guidance.
- Ability to build and maintain strong positive relationships with students, families, and other staff.
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html