Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Position Title: Maintenance Mechanic-Grounds
Position Start Date: August 8, 2022
Position Type: Unit C-Maintenance
FTE: 1.0 - Regular
Work Schedule: 261 Days - 12 Months - August
Pay Range: $20.60 - $28.39
Closing Date: August 8, 2022
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and within the framework of district policy, the Maintenance Mechanic performs skilled work in the care, maintenance, and repair of grounds infrastructure. Work is performed under general supervision. Assignments are received in the form of oral or written planned maintenance instructions or work orders.
- Performs skilled or semi-skilled tasks for the care and maintenance on BVSD grounds.
- Ensures all department safety procedures, regulations and policies are observed and followed in order to promote a safe work environment and prevent injuries and illnesses.
- Ensures proper use of vehicles, equipment and tools to accomplish tasks.
- Assists other Maintenance trades.
- Communicates and coordinates problem resolution with schools, district staff and outside contractors.
- Responds to call outs for emergencies and snow removal.
- Carries out oral and written directions.
- Accurately documents work performed on work orders defining problem and solution.
- Enters time and Work Order numbers accurately on time cards.
- Conducts Planned Maintenance(PM) on facility and site, systems and equipment for maintenance and safety issues.
- Makes repairs as required or provides recommendations to the District for correction.
- Respond as essential personnel in case of an emergency, weather or environmental event, and/or school/facility/district closure.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience in: Grounds Maintenance, landscaping or irrigation.
- Minimum of one year experience operating heavy equipment.
- Completed and submitted BVSD on-line application.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Requires a valid Colorado Driver's license.
- General power and hand tools.
- Lifting up to 60-80 lbs on a frequent basis and up to 100 lbs on an occasional basis.
- Constantly reaching, bending, stooping, ability to climb ladders, and be on your feet 8 hours/day.
- Willingness and ability to work irregular hours, weekends, evenings, holidays, and/or emergencies; and to respond to snow removal duties.
- Bachelors degree in: Horticulture, Turf Management or related field.
- Colorado CDL Class A or B.
- Colorado Pesticide Applicator License.
- Landscape Industry Certified Lawn Care Technician Certification.
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html