Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Fireside Elementary
Position Title: Literacy Interventionist-ES
Position Start Date: August 2, 2022
Position Type: Teachers-Licensed
FTE: 1.0 - Regular
Closing Date: June 30, 2022
The Literacy Interventionist position requires a commitment to accelerating all readers to grade level proficiencies using an in-depth understanding of the theories of literacy processing. An interventionist will work closely with other school interventionists, administrators, classroom teachers, parents and his or her Teacher Leader to support a school wide systematic approach to increasing student achievement.
A BVSD teacher demonstrates a strong knowledge of the curriculum and content area while positively impacting student achievement through innovative instructional strategies and effectively managing the learning environment.
- Effectively manages the learning environment.
- Values student diversity and support the unique learning needs of each individual student.
- Exhibits a growth mindset through participation in high quality professional learning.
- Conducts screening/diagnostic assessments in reading and writing.
- Implement reading instruction/interventions focused on identified outcomes (Including instruction in Leveled Literacy Intervention LLI (elementary), and Orton Gillingham based interventions).
- Conducts ongoing progress monitoring assessments for each student and enters student data into an online data management system on a regular basis.
- Coordinates the logistics for literacy instruction for students performing below/above grade level in reading/writing and facilitate data sharing meetings.
- Works closely and collaboratively with Administrators, General Education Teachers, English Language Development Teachers, and Special Education Teachers, sharing responsibility for individual targeted or intensive instruction.
- Provides leadership and professional development for teachers to use literacy instructional strategies and literacy online resources.
- Communicates regularly with parents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Currently hold a Colorado teaching license in Elementary or Secondary Education, or have licensure application in process with appropriate endorsement, or willingness to acquire endorsement as: Reading Teacher or Reading Specialist (must upload license or in process documentation to application).
- Minimum of three years teaching experience.
- Trained in and have an in-depth knowledge of Running Records, Leveled Literacy Intervention LLI (elementary), and Orton Gillingham based interventions).
- Completed and submitted BVSD on-line application.
- Masters in Literacy or have passed the state test for Reading Teacher or Reading Specialist.
- Understanding of the READ Act and how to implement requirements of READ Act legislation
- Diagnostic and prescriptive skills in reading, writing, speaking and spelling.
- Experience with MTSS/RTI structures including interim assessments, targeted instruction and progress monitoring.
- Experience with linguistically diverse and other diverse learners.
- Skilled in group facilitation, coordination, and leadership.
- Certification as an Academic Language Therapist.
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html