Kitchen Satellite Lead
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Fireside Elementary
Position Start Date: August 9, 2022
Position Type: Food Services
FTE: 0.6875 - 5.5 hours per week
Pay Range: $17.27 - $23.81
Closing Date: June 1, 2022
The Kitchen Satellite Lead (KSL) is responsible for the ordering and receiving of food and supplies, monthly inventories, creating and maintaining production records utilizing Horizon Software order, inventory and production modules, food prep and serving of meals at school locations. KSLs are proficient in the operation of Point of Sale software and are responsible for the recording of meal sales, monies collection, bank deposits, closing and generating at the end of the day.
- Understands and communicates the BVSD Food Services Program philosophy and inform FS staff and school community of the District Wellness Policy, meals, food sources, recipes and overall Food Services program goals on a daily basis.
- Participates in the timely preparation of meals according to the planned menu and prescribed recipes including proper reheating of main courses, side dishes and salad bar preparation according to the BVSD FS Department Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains accurate inputting of orders, receiving, inventory and inputting of production and meal count data.
- Ensures freshness of prepared items by implementing proper rotation of food items prepared, properly wraps and labels prepared food items, and prepares only amounts of food items as assigned.
- Participates and maintains cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen, cafeteria and storage areas under the auspices of FS Department including, but not limited to, walk-ins, refrigeration, freezers, dry storage and FS site office areas.
- Participates in meal service periods assigned either as server or cashier, dependent on the school site’s needs.
- Maintains efficient and smooth flow of service and works closely with coworkers to assure that students, staff and faculty have a pleasurable dining experience, and that all students are provided with a meal in compliance with USDA Guidelines.
- Maintains accurate reporting of sales transactions, account balances, collection of funds, and preparation of daily deposit slips, daily reports and deposits for bank pickups using Horizons point of sale software.
- Records and maintains temperature logs for equipment, food production and food transport, as outlined in the BVSD FS Standard Operating Procedures. Complies with federal, state and district regulations and policies including, but not limited to, HACCP, ServSafe, safety and sanitation. Reads the FS newsletter and posts.
- Uses and maintains institutional food service equipment such as ovens, steamers, and commercial dishwashers.
- Foster district commitment to excellence and equity by ensuring that employees and students are valued, respected and provided a positive work/learning environment.
- Establishes positive relations with internal and external customers, including students, staff, and school administration, parents, and community members.
- Responsible for on-the-job training of new Food Service Assistants and for continual training of all workers in the kitchen. Directs the work of FSAs within the kitchen they lead.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Completed and submitted BVSD online application. Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process.
- Must pass post offer physical.
- Must pass Math Test at entry.
- Must pass FS Online Training Assessment by completion of probationary period.
- Must acquire a current Serve Safe certificate upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- Must proficiently operate kitchen equipment upon hire.
- Must have working knowledge of Horizon Software Shopping list, inventory and production module within 3 months of hire.
- Must have working knowledge of QSP Point of Sale software within 3 months of hire.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on a frequent basis.
- Minimum of three years experience in: Food Services.
- Intermediate skills: personal computing, keyboarding and word processing; critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Understand and follow all HACCP Standard Operating Procedures.
- Salary Placementvaries according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd(in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html