Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Broomfield High
Position Start Date: November 10, 2022
Position Type: Athletics/Activities
Closing Date: July 5, 2022
Instruct and work with athletes to prepare them for competition. The Head Girls Wrestling Coach reports to the school athletic director and the school principal and is responsible for the overall Girls Wrestling program at Broomfield High School.
- Leadership is to be provided by the coach in the following areas:
- Coordination of varsity and lower level teams.
- Summer and/or off season programs.
- Development of expectations and direction of the Girls Wrestling program.
- Tracking of eligibility and academic progress of students.
- Preparation of team for competition.
- Teaching fundamental and advanced skills.
- Attend League Coaches' meetings, School Coaches' meetings, and BVSD professional development.
- Communication with parents, players, staff, media, etc.
- Following school district, school and CHSAA regulations and policies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Must hold a Colorado Teaching License or be able to acquire a CHSAA coaching certificate prior to start of season.
- At least 3 years of high school and/or college coaching experience.
- Knowledge of all aspects of senior high school athletic/activity programming.
- Proven leadership qualities and successful experience in working with high school students.
- Salary information for this position can be found by clicking on the following link: BVSD Extra Duty Salary Schedule
Application and Selection Procedure:
- Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd(in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html