Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Position Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Groundskeeper
Pay Range: $14.00 - $15.00/hour
Closing Date: June 15, 2022
12 Positions Available - This position is temporary through 8/31/2022.
Performs a variety of tasks involving the care and maintenance of buildings, turf and grounds. Includes the operation of small hand tools, mowers, weed eaters, and the use of other landscaping/maintenance tools.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Completed and submitted BVSD on-line application.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Currently hold a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Must be insurable and maintain insurability per Colorado School Districts Self Insurance Pool (CSDSIP) standards.
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather and working conditions.
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds; occasional dual-lifts of up to 100 pounds; frequent movement of heavy loads.
- Safely operate and maintain light automotive and mechanical equipment (mowers, tractors, weed eaters, etc).
- Safely operate and maintain power hand tools and maintenance equipment.
- Knowledge of grounds and general maintenance practices.
- Knowledge of construction and building maintenance.
- Salary Placementvaries according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd(in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html