Food Services Assistant
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Manhattan Middle
Position Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Food Services
Pay Range: $13.96 - $19.23
Closing Date: June 1, 2022
Sign on bonus: $250
The Food Service Assistant, with the Kitchen Satellite Lead, assist in the proper reheating of main course items and side dishes, preparing salad bar setup and maintenance during service, service line set up and presentation and serving of meals; kitchen cleaning as part of maintaining a safe food production and service environment. Food Service Assistants are also responsible, as assigned, for recordkeeping of temperatures and production, inventory counting and cashiering duties including recording meal sales, record keeping, money collection and all other functions of QSP including processing advanced payments.
- Understands and is able to communicate the philosophy of the BVSD Food Services Program and on a daily basis helps to deliver information to the school population about the food, the sources of the food, the recipes and the overall program.
- Assists in accurate inputting of all production and meal count data required for compliance with the National School Lunch Program.
- Assists Kitchen Satellite Lead in accurate reporting of all sales transactions, account balances, collection of funds, processing of advanced payments and preparation of daily deposit slips.
- Records and maintains temperature logs for equipment, food production and food transport, as outlined in the BVSD FS Standard Operating Procedures.
- Foster district commitment to excellence and equity by ensuring that employees and students are valued, respected and provided a positive work/learning environment.
- Establish positive relations with internal and external customers, including students, staff, and school administration, parents, and community members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent plus specialized courses in computers, business and customer service.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Minimum of three years progressively responsible secretarial/clerical experience.
- Knowledge of district policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of office practices as well as functioning as an office manager.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge and experience, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Google.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function under pressure in a pleasant and personable manner.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Positive communication, interaction and work experience with diverse individuals.
- Salary Placementvaries according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd(in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html