Fleet Service Technician II
- Fleet Service Technician II JobID: 30919
- Position Type:
Maintenance/Fleet Service Technician
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
open until filled
Fleet Service Technician II
2 positions - 1.0 FTE each - 12 Month
Hourly pay range: $21.97 - $29.48
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging and engaging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that expects student success, and Boulder Valley is a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national levels for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities we serve - Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill - cover approximately 500 square miles and include an estimated 211,000 residents, with an enrollment of more than 31,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within the district’s boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: http://www.bvsd.org.
Nature of Work:
Skilled automotive mechanical position - works on a wide variety and heavy volume of school district vehicles including school buses, vans, automobiles, grounds maintenance equipment, and other automotive equipment.
Inspect, diagnose, and repair school buses, vans, automobiles, power mowers, tractors and trucks. Tune engines, overhaul and rebuild starters, generators, transmissions, rear end assemblies, carburetors, fuel injection systems, fuel and water pumps, hydraulic systems, transfer cases, and entire engines. Diagnose and repair braking electrical, air conditioning and cooling systems. Install clutches, shock absorbers, radiators, top lights and electrical harnesses and other parts or items as needed. Prepare vehicles for exhaust emission sampling and testing by performing air pollution control maintenance, inspection, repair, and diagnosis. Keep records of repairs made, cost of repairs, parts used, and time worked. May instruct other workers in diagnosis, inspection, maintenance, and repair of vehicles and equipment. May fabricate parts and tools and do body repair, welding, maintenance, and repair of vehicles and equipment. May fabricate parts and tools and do body repair, welding, and painting. May install accessories on or reinforce special purpose vehicles. Work is performed in a general shop environment or in the field and may be under adverse weather or work conditions while on emergency service calls. Perform any related work as required. Duties will at all times be subject to review, delegation, and/or reassignment. May be required to perform School Bus Driver duties. Hazards of the job consist of those that pertain to the trade, e.g., exposure to fumes, adverse weather conditions, electrical wiring, hydraulic systems, fuel systems, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process
- Complete and submitted BVSD online application
-Currently hold a valid Colorado Driver's License
-Submit a current Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and must be insurable and maintain insurability per Colorado School Districts Self Insurance Pool (CSDSIP) standards
- Possess or obtain a Class B Commercial Driver's License with P2S endorsements within the first two months of hire
- Obtain and maintain a Department of Transportation Medical Examiner's Certificate
- Maintain all required certifications throughout employment
- Successfully pass state required evaluations
- Considerable knowledge of the standard methods, practices, tools, and materials of the mechanic trade
- ASE certification
- CDE Inspector certification
- Journeyman skill in the trade of automotive and/or heavy equipment mechanics
- Knowledge of the principles and mechanics of internal combustion engines
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade
- Skill in locating and adjusting defects in automotive equipment
- Ability to perform physical labor, including heavy lifting of up to 75 pounds
- Ability to keep simple records
- Ability to operate air conditioning, emission testing and other types of technical diagnostic equipment
- Ability to adapt available tools and repair parts to specific repair problems, and to fabricate and install parts and tools
- Ability to operate motorized equipment
Salary information for BVSD positions can be found online at: http://www.bvsd.org/HR/Pages/NegotiatedAgreementsSalarySchedules.aspx. Salary placement varies according to experience and education. No phone calls please.
Application and Selection Procedure
Apply online at: http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html