Early Connections Infant Toddler Supervisor
- Early Connections Infant Toddler Supervisor JobID: 42431
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
652-Community School Program
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Early Connections Infant/Toddler Childcare Supervisor
.906 FTE (36.25 hours/week) - Regular, Ongoing
Hours: 10:30 AM - 6:15 PM
This position directly supervises children under the direction of the Lead Childcare Specialist in the classroom.
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging and engaging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that expects student success, and Boulder Valley is a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national levels for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities we serve - Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill - cover approximately 500 square miles and include an estimated 211,000 residents, with an enrollment of more than 31,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within the district’s boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: http://www.bvsd.org.
- This position directly supervises children under the direction of the Lead Childcare Specialist in the classroom.
- Assist in planning and supervising a developmentally appropriate, play based Infant Toddler program that is consistent with Early Connections philosophy and goals and NAEYC best practices and standards.
- Provide a positive early learning environment for children ages 0-3 and adhere to the CO Department of Human Service Division of Childcare and Boulder County Health Department rules and regulations.
- Create a warm, friendly, and cooperative learning environment in which children and families feel comfortable and secure.
- Create positive working relationships with school personnel, teachers and the building principal and work collaboratively with colleagues, community
- Safely and effectively manages the learning environment
- Assist with the supervision, and support to infant/toddler staff
- Maintain confidentiality and a high level of ethical behavior and professionalism
- Participate in trainings, workshops, in-services, professional learning community meetings for ongoing learning
- Provide daily individualized personal care to infants and toddlers and ensure that child care routines are carried out in a manner that is prompt, hygienic, and consistent with child development principles and health and safety regulations and best practices. This includes routines related to diapering, hand washing, eating, napping and transitioning between activities.
- Ensure that parents receive adequate information about their child's experiences at the center through daily contacts and regularly scheduled parent conferences.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have verifiable education and training in the education of infants/toddlers/preschool aged children.
- Meet and maintain the requirements for Large Center Director Qualification as required by Colorado Department of Human Services Division of Child Care Licensure
- 1 year proven experience with children ages 0-3 in a childcare setting
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, diaper, feed; complete other delegated nursing and health care duties
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process
- A criminal background check required for hire
- Completion of CPR, First Aid and Standard Precautions prior to starting
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application
At least one of the following is required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education
- A Bachelor’s degree in elementary education plus one year experience with children ages 0-3
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 6 semester hours in a closely related field such as child development, human services, psychology,etc., plus 2 years experience in an early childhood classroom
- Certification in Early Childhood Education from a regionally accredited college plus four years in an early childhood classroom
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Experience working successfully as a team member
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and written
- Ability to work successfully with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to maintain an organized, well planned classroom environment
- Experience in maintaining CDHS licensing requirements
- Understanding and commitment to maintaining the principles outlined in the NAEYC’s Code of Ethics which includes strict confidentiality and a high level of ethical behavior and professionalism
- Technology and software skills and experience (Google)
Salary information for BVSD positions can be found online at: http://www.bvsd.org/HR/Pages/NegotiatedAgreementsSalarySchedules.aspx. Salary placement varies according to experience and education. No phone calls please.
Application and Selection Procedure:
Apply on-line at http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights -http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html