DIRECTOR - BOND PROGRAM
- DIRECTOR - BOND PROGRAM JobID: 40363
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
644-Planning & Engineering
- Closing Date:
10/09/2018   DIRECTOR – BOND PROGRAM
- Plan, organize and provide leadership for the implementation of the projects described in the Educational Facilities Master Plan that comprise the 2014 Bond Program
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of Bond Program staff; interview and select employees and recommend termination and disciplinary action
- Monitor construction projects to ensure projects meet schedule, budget and scope; initiate schedule, budget and scope changes as necessary
- Act as liaison between the District, school site administrators, parents and staff, architects and contractors to assure that the authorized projects are accomplished in accordance with approved policies and procedures
- Prepare and maintain cost analysis data for finished products and current schedule of construction
- Prepare construction cost reports and cost analysis data to explain variances from cost estimates
- Organize, prepare and provide regular updates to the Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee, Board of Education, local governmental entities, citizen groups and district committees as necessary
- Plan and conduct regular bond team meetings
- Assist with the evaluation of qualifications and formal bids for hiring of architects, contractors and other professional services related to bond project construction
- Act as a liaison to city, county and state planning agencies to maintain effective communication regarding mutual planning and development issues involved with the implementation of the 2014 Bond Program
- Assist in overall planning and decision making of ongoing District facility needs
- Establish energy conservation policies and projects
- Work directly with the schools to insure the project design and construction meets the needs and expectations of the educational programs and services
- Review and approve contracts, amendments, change orders and authorize payments; assist Procurement in obtaining formal bids
- Negotiate and resolve contract disputes
- Perform other related duties and assume other related responsibilities as may be assigned by the Assistant Superintendent of Operations
- Bachelor’s degree with a major pertinent to the position requirements: Construction Management, Business Administration, Architecture, Engineering or related field
- Experience managing major construction and renovation projects
- Principles of project management and supervision
- Experience in pre-k – 12 education buildings, including site planning
- Demonstrated leadership within a collaborative decision making environment
- Excellent analytical and communications skills (both written and oral)
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated skills in effective management, supervision and team building
- Ability to develop positive relationships with employees at all levels within the organization, elected officials, external agencies and parent communities
- Knowledge of current technology available to enhance department
- District online application - BVSD Jobs
- Application must include:
- Reference Section – Three (3) professional letters of reference with phone numbers
- Supplemental Materials Section – Letter of Interest outlining skills and abilities
- Current Resume
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging and engaging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that expects student success, and Boulder Valley is a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national levels for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities we serve - Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill - cover approximately 500 square miles and include an estimated 231,000 residents, with an enrollment of more than 31,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within the district’s boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: BVSD.
In November 2014, Boulder Valley School District voters approved a $576.5M Bond Program for capital improvements to all buildings in the district. Included in the Bond Program will be the reconstruction of three existing schools, construction of a new school campus and renovation of the central support campus.
DEPARTMENT: Operational Services
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check.
SALARY: Range 11: $88,772 - $133,158 (2018-19 salary schedule – based on experience); excellent benefit package. Website: BVSD Benefits.
EFFECTIVE DATE: As soon as available, but no later than November 1, 2018.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed through October 9, 2018
INTERVIEWS HELD: Formal interviews will be held the week of October 15, 2018.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
The following documents must be completed before an application can be considered:
Boulder Valley School District is accepting completed, online applications only.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html