Customer Service Technician-IT
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Department: Information Technology
Position Title: Customer Service Technician-IT
Position Start Date: August 5, 2022
Position Type: Prof Tech
FTE: 1.0 - Regular
Work Schedule: 261 Days - 12 Months - July
Salary Range: $51,149 - $79,723
Closing Date: August 5, 2022
This position involves supporting and helping teachers and staff with district hardware and software. Work the installation, operation, testing, and maintenance of Chrome, Android, OSX, iOS and Windows devices, systems, and software. This position will be assigned to a team supporting a zone of schools either on site or remotely.
- Responsible for software assistance for teachers and staff on district supported software.
- Diagnose and determine problems with Chromebooks, MacBooks, iPads, and PC equipment and systems; determine reason(s) for equipment failure and initiate appropriate action.
- Troubleshoot, and support the resolution, replacement, and escalation of networking/wireless/presentation/audio issues.
- Provide a positive collaboration and close working relationship between the Division of Information Technology and schools.
- Assist in making recommendations concerning installation, maintenance and planning in relation to systems and projects.
- Attend training/departmental/team meetings and work directly and indirectly with other IT departments to achieve Division goals.
- Initiate and perform such individual assignments as the On-Site Service Manager may direct.
- Utilize the IT Service Request system to log and track all IT service requests and meet SLA's.
- Write and update IT Knowledge Base articles.
- Adapt and learn and support ongoing changes with IT initiatives and technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years experience in: Technology Support.
- Valid Colorado driver's license.
- Ability to reach, bend, and periodically lift up to 80 pounds.
- Communicate (read, write and speak) in English (must pass English component of interview process).
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to see the big picture.
- Highly-motivated and directed self-starter with a positive attitude who is willing to learn and grow.
- Adaptive and flexible in transitioning between school locations and assignments.
- Desire to support classroom teachers and students in their use of technology.
- Versed in technical concepts and procedures.
- Knowledge of Google Apps and Services.
- Knowledge of networking and data communications fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Ethernet networks, switches, and cabling.
- Knowledge of computer repair techniques on a variety of Windows, Macintosh, Android, iOS and Chrome OS operating systems.
- Knowledge of procedures for installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting, peripherals, and software, including cloud software.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, with minimal supervision.
- Skilled in organizing work, setting priorities, and time management.
- Skilled in instructing users on new or upgraded computer applications and hardware.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html