Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Eldorado K-8
Position Title: 2nd Shift Custodian
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Unit C-Maintenance
FTE: 1.0 - Regular, ongoing
Pay Range: $15.29 - $21.07
Shift Hours: 2:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m including a 30 minute lunch break
Closing Date: August 7, 2022
Provide a sanitary and safe environment for students, staff, and the community.
- Clean areas of building; remove trash
- Assist in set-up and breakdown for sporting, special events, and meetings
- Secure the building, locking classroom and office doors
- Communicate maintenance/safety issues and custodial supply and equipment needs to head/lead custodian
- Ability to be on feet up to eight hours every day
- Ability to perform physical labor, including heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds; occasional dual lifts of up to 100 pounds and requires ability to frequently reach, lift, bend and stoop; may occasionally require climbing ladders or crawling
- Must be available for 2nd shift work schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Complete and submitted BVSD online application.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English, must pass English component of interview process.
- Ability to be on feet up to eight hours every day.
- Ability to perform physical labor, including heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds; occasional dual lifts of up to 100 pounds and requires ability to frequently reach, lift, bend and stoop; may occasionally require climbing ladders or crawling.
- Must pass a practical test and also a written test.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience operating custodial equipment and tools
- Ability to recognize safety issues in the workplace
- Positive communication, interaction and work experience with diverse people
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html