Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Schools: Mapleton / Gold Hill / Jamestown
Position Title: Counselor
Position Start Date: August 2, 2022
Position Type: Teachers-Licensed
FTE: 0.50 - Temporary dates 8/2/2022 - 6/2/2023
Closing Date: June 29, 2022
A BVSD Counselor, under the direction of the Principal or Assistant Principal will develop, plan and implement a comprehensive school counseling program aligned with the ASCA (American School Counselor Association) standards. The School Counselor will promote student success by supporting BVSD students in the areas of academic, career and social/emotional development.
- Facilitate academic, personal and social counseling.
- Outreach to staff, families and community members.
- Assist with student registration, enrollment and scheduling activities.
- Assist students and families with district/school practices and policies in regards to attendance, graduation requirements, grades, credits, discipline, etc.
- Positively impacts student achievement through innovative instructional strategies.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of the curriculum and content area.
- Effectively manages the learning environment.
- Values student diversity and support the unique learning needs of each individual student.
- Exhibits a growth mindset through participation in high quality professional learning.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues, families and community.
- Builds positive relationships and communicate effectively with families.
- Uses inclusive and differentiated instructional practices to support all students.
- Uses data-driven evidence to inform instruction.
- Demonstrates a level of technology proficiency that enhances student learning.
- Contributes to a positive, child centered school culture.
- Follows State legal requirements and District and building policies and procedures.
- Currently hold a Colorado teaching license or have licensure application in process with a School Counselor endorsement (must upload license or in process documentation to application). Interim school counselor authorization will also be considered.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Experience with school wide adviser/advisee programs.
- Experience with a comprehensive career guidance program Substance and other intervention and prevention experience.
- Ability to manage, analyze, interpret and utilize data.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience with various educational settings including Advance Placement and/or International Baccalaureate, vocational education and alternative schools.
- Ability to organize and facilitate major tasks and events.
- Familiar with the American School Counseling Associate standards.
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html