Child Care Supervisor-PSE
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Department: Community Schools
Position Title: Child Care Supervisor-PSE
Position Start Date: August 17, 2022
Position Type: Non-Rep
FTE: 1.0 - 40 hours per week - Regular, ongoing
Work Schedule: 175 Days - 12 Months
Pay Range: $24.84 - $34.79
Closing Date: August 12, 2022
The Preschool Enrichment (PSE) Supervisor, under the supervision and direction of the Preschool Enrichment Coordinator, is responsible for planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate preschool program that is aligned to the Early Childhood Education curriculum and provides students with half and full day enrichment opportunities. Supervisors are lead care providers responsible for the preschooler’s daily experience, learning, supervision, and wellbeing.
- Plan and implement a developmentally appropriate program that is aligned to the Early Childhood Education curriculum and provides students with half and full day enrichment opportunities.
- Engage students in enrichment topics that follow the established curriculum and also take into account student interests, abilities, and needs.
- Create an inclusive learning environment that supports early intervention, referral for academic, social-emotional, and/or human services when necessary, and an understanding and appreciation of culturally and linguistically diverse student and family needs.
- Create a warm, friendly and cooperative environment in which children and families feel comfortable and secure. Safely and effectively manage the learning environment through constant supervision, effective arrangement of space and proper maintenance of equipment.
- Follow and uphold licensing guidelines set by the Colorado Department of Human Services Office of Early Childhood, local County Health Department and School District policies and procedures. Complete administrative records such as enrollment forms, student behavior plans, medication administration, injury/accident/lost child reports and attendance.
- Remain current on all required trainings and total number of training hours required by the Colorado Department of Human Services Office of Early Childhood.
- Work collaboratively as an integral member of the preschool enrichment team and also within Community Schools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a current Director Qualifications letter issued by the Department or a current Early Childhood Professional Credential Level III or higher in version 3.0 as determined by the Department prior to working as the director of a large center (7.702.43A) or be able to obtain within one year of hiring date. All qualifying documentation must be uploaded to the candidates online application.
- Must meet (7.702.43B.1)
- Must meet (7.702.43B.2)
- Must meet (7.702.43B.3)
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to assist children in toileting along with other delegated health care duties.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Strong knowledge in Early Childhood Education and best practices including children’s physical, emotional, social, and cognitive development as well as children with special needs.
- General knowledge of the State of Colorado Child Care Licensing rules and regulations and county health department guidelines.
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills.
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html