Campus Safety and Security Monitor
Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Casey Middle
Position Title: Campus Safety and Security Monitor
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Type: Unit C-Maintenance
FTE: 1.0 - 40 hours per week - Regular, ongoing
Work Schedule: 9 Month - Hourly
Pay Range: *$19.93 - $23.12
Closing Date: November 22, 2022
Provides a safe and secure school environment for students, staff, and visitors.
- Maintain the safety and security of the students and campus, foster an optimal learning environment and act as a deterrent to unsafe or poor behavior by providing high visibility throughout the school.
- Report unsafe conditions and potential health and safety hazards to administrators.
- Monitor students during lunch hour inside and outside of the building.
- Monitor security cameras to oversee the safety and security of students, staff and school assets.
- Patrol parking lots for unidentified vehicles or unsafe situations.
- Assist visitors and check for visitor passes.
- Escort and document unauthorized visitors to office or off campus.
- Assist administrators, Security Agents and School Safety Advocates in the investigation of illegal activity within the school.
- Conduct regular patrols of the interior and exterior of the campus to ensure compliance with all security regulations and detect/report/prevent any unsafe situations.
- Assist administrators, staff and students during crisis situations, including fire drills, tornado drills, weapons control, bomb threats and lockdowns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Requires passing a pre-employment physical.
- Complete and submitted BVSD online application.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Minimum of one year experience working with groups of elementary, middle, and/or high school students.
- Computer experience (MS Office).
- Course work in human relations.
- Requires constant walking, standing and frequent bending.
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
*Pay range listed above is for employees newly hired to BVSD or current BVSD employees that are new to the employee group (existing employees currently in this unit please refer to the pay range on theappropriate salary schedule). BVSD engages in a salary placement process vs. a salary negotiation process. This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience and education. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended. All salaries are set by Human Resources based on a review of qualifications compared to the requirements on the job description; therefore, listing all related education and experience on your application is recommended.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html