ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOL LEADERSHIP
- ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOL LEADERSHIP JobID: 37050
- Position Type:
Administration - Ed Center (Instructional)/Assistant Superintendent (Instructional)
- Date Posted:
618-Middle Level Administration
- Closing Date:
04/24/2018   ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOL LEADERSHIP
- Colorado Principal License or a Superintendent’s License
- Completed BVSD Online Application including background checks
- Effective use of shared decision making in a spirit of collaboration
- Served as a Principal a minimum of five years
- Doctorate in Education
- Served as a District Executive Leader a minimum of three years
- Knowledge of student assessment and data analysis for continuous improvement
- Understanding of English Language Learners and appropriate programming
- Knowledge of best instructional practices
- Strong planning, organization, motivation, management, supervision, and evaluation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with internal and external audiences
- Experience with the RTI process and Standards-Based Teaching and Learning
- Knowledge of school-based budget/planning
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation, problem-solving, and conflict management
- Strong instruction, leadership, and staff development skills
- Evidence of commitment to diversity and equity in professional background
- Knowledge of continuous improvement, professional learning communities and other current trends and issues in education
- Successful experience ensuring students have multiples plans for graduation and beyond
- District online application - BVSD Jobs
- Application must include:
- Reference Section – Three (3) professional letters of reference with phone numbers
- Supplemental Materials Section – Letter of Interest outlining skills and abilities
- Current Resume
- University Transcripts
- Copy of Colorado Principal license or CDE Receipt confirming application
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to providing a challenging and engaging educational experience for all its students. The district serves a diverse community that expects student success, and Boulder Valley is a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national levels for outstanding classroom teachers, exemplary schools, and programs that support student achievement. The communities we serve - Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill - cover approximately 500 square miles and include an estimated 231,000 residents, with an enrollment of more than 31,000. The University of Colorado and many nationally known organizations and companies are located within the district’s boundaries. Abundant year-round recreational activities are available in the Boulder Valley area. Website: BVSD.
The Assistant Superintendent of School Leadership is a member of the Superintendent’s Leadership Team and serves on the Superintendent’s Cabinet. This position is one of the Assistant Superintendents who supervises approximately half of the Boulder Valley School District’s 56 school principals. This position also leads various district programs and projects to support the implementation of the District Strategic Plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check.
SALARY: Range 22: $121,929 - $182,893 (2017-18 salary schedule – based on experience); excellent benefit package. Website: BVSD Benefits.
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 1, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed through April 24, 2018
INTERVIEWS HELD: Formal interviews will be held the week April 30, 2018.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
The following documents must be completed before an application can be considered:
Boulder Valley School District is accepting completed, online applications only.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html