Boulder Valley School District is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
School: Broomfield High
Position Title: Assistant Coach-Soccer-Boys
Position Start Date: August 8, 2022
Position Type: Extra Duty
FTE: 1.0 - Regular
Pay Range: $2,219.00 - $3,208.00 per season
Closing Date: August 5, 2022
Instruct and work with athletes with guidance from the head coach to prepare them for competition. The Assistant Coach reports to the Head Soccer Coach and Athletic Director and is responsible for assisting with the boys soccer program at Broomfield High School.
Leadership is to be provided by the assistant coach in the following areas:
- Assisting with coordinating of varsity program and summer/off season programs.
- Implementing of expectations and direction of the program.
- Preparation of team for competition.
- Teaching fundamental and advanced skills.
- Attendance at CHSAA and League/Region Coaches' meetings.
- Communication with parents, players, school staff, media, etc.
- Following BVSD, school and CHSAA regulations and policies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English.
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application.
- Must hold or be able to acquire a CHSAA coaching certificate.
- Previous coaching experience.
- Knowledge of all aspects of senior high school athletic/activity programming.
- Proven leadership qualities and successful experience in working with high school students.
Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- External Candidates: Apply on-line at jobs.bvsd
- Current BVSD Employees: Must apply through the INFOR portal
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights - http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html